Iam status after last BM upgrade??

Iam status after last BM upgrade??

Postby Cale Vinson » Thu May 20, 2010 4:01 pm

Its almost 2:00am local as I type, and I'm doubtless going crazy or something ..... but my Iam's seem to have disappeared. :) I mean, they appear to be running OK according to the command-line info, but they're not appearing in-world. Is there any chance something needs to be reset after the BM upgrade?

- Cale
Cale Vinson

Re: Iam status after last BM upgrade??

Postby admin » Thu May 20, 2010 7:25 pm

You're not going crazy, something strange is up.

I had run some tests to make sure if everything worked with the new release and it all checked out OK. I hadn't thought to actually see for myself in-world. I'm now thoroughly kicking myself. So far I haven't been able to figure out what is the problem as internally everything appears to be working. It's just that the Iams can't be seen by players it seems.

The people who know more about this are not in the office yet, but as soon as they're in we'll be on top of it.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Mark Boon
admin
Site Admin

Re: Iam status after last BM upgrade??

Postby admin » Thu May 20, 2010 9:34 pm

OK, the problem was that the City ID has changed for Iam Town. This doesn't make me happy as it is hard-coded in the XML files, so I'll have to change it in all the sample projects and upload them again. I'm going to see if I can solve this in a more fundamental way with the people here.

In the meantime, the city-ID for Iam Town is now 25310. So anyone who wants to test any Iams will have to change this in the XML until we have a more permanent fix.

You should be able to see Iams in Caledonia with no change, however. I just tried it and it works fine. If you're not seeing Iams in Caledonia, please let me know ASAP.

Mark Boon
admin
Site Admin

Return to General Discussions