Do bots count towards the CCU limit in cities?

Do bots count towards the CCU limit in cities?

Postby Booradley » Tue May 11, 2010 7:01 am

Hi guys, I'm pretty new to Blue Mars. I came over from Second Life to check it out. Over there one of the main things I do is NPC programming, so I'm very interested in this area of BM. My wife and I are building a city, and were wondering if logged in bots counted towards the cities concurrently connected users limit.

Thanks! And I'll probably be in here asking more questions as I explore the Iam stuff.
Booradley

Re: Do bots count towards the CCU limit in cities?

Postby admin » Tue May 11, 2010 7:58 pm

This is an issue occasionally debated within Avatar Reality. But at the moment bots (Iams) are counted towards the CCU limit.

I have been arguing to get this lifted or raised. Because people with outposts will find it hard to deploy Iams with a CCU of just 5. But so far I have not managed to persuade them. I'll probably need a substantial number of developers petitioning for slacker CCU limits for Iams to get this to change.

(A while ago I did notice it may not always strictly enforce the CCU when it came to Iams. But it's not official and may not last. If this is still the case, take advantage of it while it lasts. But remember, you didn't hear it from me ;) And be prepared for it to be enforced without warning. )

Mark
admin
Site Admin

Re: Do bots count towards the CCU limit in cities?

Postby Booradley » Tue May 11, 2010 9:01 pm

Thanks Mark,

Yeah I was mainly concerned about this since I'll most likely be running an outpost. I'll back the push for higher bot limits if you need me though :)

- Brad
Booradley

Return to General Discussions